- No comments
Preparing your own natural cleansing cosmetic products is very easy. They keep your skin healthy and give you luminosity.
The most important step in any facial care routine is to start by properly cleaning the delicate facial skin using a mild, natural cleanser.
Our skin fulfills a protective function against infinite external aggressions. It is very important to keep it healthy, so that it does not become congested, that black spots, dermatitis, itching, dehydration, peeling, blemishes, acne … do not appear, and that implies a cleaning routine. The skin will retain its elasticity, shine, hydration and luminosity.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO CLEAN YOUR SKIN?
We can make daily use products at home for a gentle cleaning, or for a deeper cleaning once or twice a week, depending on the type of skin we have, our makeup habits or our exposure to dust or contamination.
Among the products that we can make at home we have:
- Makeup removers, which can be aqueous lotions based on flower hydrolates or purifying plants
- Biphasic lotions, composed of floral water and vegetable oils; liniments and cleaning emulsions, somewhat more elaborate; and mildly exfoliating cleaning powders and gels for deeper cleaning.
- Facial scrubs can be used once or twice a week depending on whether we have combination or oily skin.
- DRY OAT CLEANER WITH LAVENDER
- 4 tablespoons of oatmeal or colloidal oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of white or green clay
- 2 tablespoons of ground lavender flowers
- Mix all the ingredients in a bottle with a disinfected lid and a lid so that it lasts for several months until you finish it. You do not need to add preservatives, as the ingredients are dry and will not easily contaminate.
- To use it, put a tablespoon in the palm of your hand, add a tablespoon of water and rub to form a paste. Apply it to the face with circular massages, without pressing. You can use it as a mask by leaving it to act for 5 minutes and rinsing with warm or lukewarm water.
- Then pat dry and apply the toner and day cream.
Properties and tricks
This cleanser soothes and gently exfoliates. Clay helps remove toxins, softens and purifies. Lavender provides a pleasant scent as well as gently purifying, soothing, and exfoliating. If you have to grind the lavender or you have flaked oats and you are going to grind it yourself, use a coffee grinder. Store in a dry and dark place.
- CHAMOMILE MICELLAR LOTION
- 90 g chamomile infusion or hydrolate
- 3 g of liquid glycerin
- 3 g of natural liquid soap without sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS)
- Put all the ingredients in a bottle one by one. Cover and shake.
- Apply it with a cotton pad with soft circular massages and from the center of the face to the hair, to remove makeup. Then rinse with warm water.
- Keep it away from heat and light, and use it within one month.
This lotion hardly foams (because it does not have SLS, a foaming detergent that can be irritating and harmful to the skin), but it will gently and naturally cleanse your face. Chamomile provides its decongestant properties. Glycerin is an extraordinary moisturizer.
- Biphasic of calendula and almonds
- 3 tablespoons marigold infusion
- 3 tablespoons of almond oil
- 1 capsule of vitamin E
- 10 drops of grapefruit seed extract
- Place the infusion, well filtered, in a bottle and add the grapefruit extract: it is a preservative and will make your lotion last a month.
- Add the almond oil and vitamin E. Cover and shake well.
- Apply this lotion with a cotton pad. You can use it as a makeup remover, also for the eyes.
Properties and tricks
It is used to cleanse the skin in the morning or remove makeup at night. If you want, you can add some essential oil (such as lavender for combination skin or tea tree for oily skin), but you can no longer use it to remove makeup from the eyes. Keep it in the fridge or in a dry, dark place.
- First rinse the cleaner you have chosen.
- Gently pat the skin dry.
- Apply a toning lotion, such as a lavender or rose hydrolate.
- Apply a moisturizing and protective day cream.