- No comments
Planning your honeymoon should be exciting and stress free. Here are our top ten honeymoon planning tips:
9. When should I start planning my honeymoon? The sooner the better. Planning ahead allows time to budget accordingly and get the necessary documents together.
8. Have an idea of your Geography. Picking an exotic location is ideal if you have enough travel time and don’t mind long flights. Some locations require over a day’s travelling time and you will need to adjust to a time difference.
7. Know your budget. Airline fares play a significant role when planning your budget. If you are a frequent traveller, save your mileage and try to use your accumulated mile points. Many credit cards also offer airline mileage awards that may assist you as well.
6. When do you want to leave? If you are getting married on a Saturday, you may want to rethink travelling the next day. Also, the month that you marry may affect your destination choice due to Mother Nature. You don’t want to honeymoon in the Caribbean at the height of hurricane season, for example!
5. What type of honeymoon are you looking for? Discuss with your fiancé exactly what is most important for you to experience while on your honeymoon: Adventure, relaxation, touring, a little of everything? Communication is the key! Once you have some general ideas, discuss them with your travel agent who will provide options of where to go and stay.
4. What kind of resort are you looking for? All-inclusive? Would you like adult-only? Many resorts offer all-inclusive options, allowing you to know ahead of time exactly how much you are going to spend. Some resorts go one step further and include excursions or catamaran sailings with their all-inclusive packages. Adult-only resorts are a great choice for your honeymoon. Some family oriented resorts may also offer an adults-only section. If you choose a hotel that isn’t all-inclusive and you’re on a tight budget, many resorts have menus on their website so you can get a general idea of what you might spend on meals.
3. Does the hotel offer anything special because it is our honeymoon? Many resorts offer amazing honeymoon packages that can be purchased for a certain amount or are complimentary when booking a certain room category with minimum nights. The packages can include a romantic dinner on the beach, complimentary massages, breakfasts in bed, free anniversary stays and many more. Your travel agent will be able to advise you on packages as well as price points and room categories that could include such benefits.
2. Do I need a Visa, do I need vaccinations? Some destinations do require Visas; your travel professional will be able to advise you of that requirement and assist in obtaining them. Also important is what type of passport you are travelling under, as many countries now require passports valid 6 months after entering country. If you’re travelling to an exotic destination, it’s best to confirm with your doctor if they suggest vaccinations for travel in those regions.
1. I don’t need insurance, this is my honeymoon and I will never cancel. There are hundreds of circumstances that could cause you to cancel your trip, return home early or force you to seek emergency medical treatment while travelling. Travel Insurance provides protection for your travel investment in case an unfortunate situation arises, such as sickness, bad weather, or civil unrest at your planned destination; just to name a few that one may find themselves in when they plan to travel domestically or abroad.
Travel insurance also provides the peace of mind that you are not alone when you are really in need.