- No comments
Flaunt that Vintage Beauty: 1920s to 1950s
With beauty groomed to absolute perfection, this season’s vintage-inspired look leans toward the roaring twenties, sweetheart forties and fab fifties inspired by the remake of The Great Gatsby, the success of the TV series, Boardwalk Empire and the like.
Although inspired by the trends of yesteryear, global vintage artists reveal their latest make-up and hair tricks, which any bride can replicate for a modern-day vintage-inspired bridal look.
VINTAGE BRIDAL MAKE UP TIPS FROM THE 1920S
Sheer ‘n Sheen
• Applying make-up in sheer layers and adding a bit of sheen can help to instantly achieve a modern take on classic vintage beauty.
• Enhance the windows to your soul with a pair of well-chosen fake lashes, which can instantly change your eye shape to achieve the wide-eyed look of the 1920’s.
• Accentuate a kitten eye liner with some clever lash placement for a 1950’s flick for the Fifties look.
Red Hot and Pastel Pale
• Darker, plum or cherry-coloured lipstick and nails combined with strong eyes are a key bridal vintage look this season.
• Natural and earthy colours can be used as well. Although these dark plums and dramatic eye liner are popular right now.
VINTAGE BRIDAL HAIR TIPS FROM THE 1920S-50S
Buns and plaits
• Soft waves framing the face typical of the 1920’s and 1930’s are in demand this season.
• A shapely bun positioned at the back of the hair can be added.
• A side swept bun or plait are very in at the moment.
• Hair rolls and sexy waves known as Victory Rolls during the 1940’s and widely adopted by celebrities nowadays, can easily be adopted and given a modern edge for super glamorous wedding day results.
• Floral and beaded pieces and basically anything that looks like it could have come out of your grandmother’s jewellery box, are the most popular for the 1920’s and 1930’s look.
• Keep an eye out for Antique jewellery that can be redesigned and fashioned into fantastic hair adornments, which work beautifully with vintage styles.
• Opt for a 1940’s-style hat with veil or dark-coloured hair flowers to complement the dramatic and vampy-vintage look.
• Add a 1920’s glittery hair band or a band with a little bow to your hair and voila – vintage!
• Create a special hair piece for each of your bridesmaids as a gift.
• Tropical hair flowers such as Hibiscus’ and Lilies are really popular for achieving the vintage look.